Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Remind Me Why I Am Doing This Again??

Now that I am over half way into the training and only three days away from doing a five mile race . . . I wish it was all over! I don't know why I ever got this crazy idea that I would run the half-marathon! Once again let me tell you that I HATE running! I am doing it but I would rather be on the eliptical! I am hoping I can make it through all three of the races I am signed up for! In thinking about the 5K on Saturday I have two goals. First, I want to finish! Second I want to finish in 40 minutes or less!! To accomplish that I will have to be running an 8 minute mile! That is a little faster then I have been doing the treadmill. I just hope all the people running make me want to run faster. There are 1,252 people signed up for this week! It will be good for me to run with a bunch of people! So to finish and run it in 40 minutes . . . that is what I am shooting for! Yikes! Either way when it is all over on Saturday I have Kelsey's birthday party to look forward to! The little princess is 3 now and it is time to celebrate!!!!



3 comments:

photo lady said...

You can do it!!! Good Luck!!!

Jodee said...

Go Shari Go! I know you can do it!

Cute pictures of Kelsey!

Jboo said...

I'm with the other two -- you can do it!! Cute pics of your little princess -- can hardly believe it's been 3 years already!

Jan