Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camping, Swimming and Boating!!

We had a great weekend! We didn't have anything scheduled and actually thought it would be pretty quiet! That all changed Friday afternoon. My aunt and uncle were going to be camping nearby and wanted us to go out to the campsite for dinner! They camp the only way I would ever camp! They have a camper that is pretty much a house on wheels! Complete with a bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms and a shower! My aunt and uncle were bringing their families with them. It was great because Halle is about a year older than Kelsey and they play very well together! The girls had a great time and Kelsey just sobbed when it was time to head home. Thank you, Jolene and Dave for a great dinner and fun time!!!

On Saturday it was hot outside!! The guys were heading out to golf so we decided lunch at Grisanti's was in order followed by time in the pool! Halle likes to swim just as much as Kelsey. They were in the pool for a good two hours hanging with their Grandma Peg and Grandma Jolene! Once again, when Halle was leaving Kelsey just sobbed and didn't want her to leave!Finally on Sunday my brother, Geoff and I were all sitting around trying to decide what to do. It was going to be about 100 and we didn't have anything planned for the day. The idea was brought up that we should take the boat and head to the lake! We had to act quickly as my dad wasn't home and he usually gets crabby and thinks it is too much work to take the boat out. So we packed the cooler and took off without my dad! My parents have a boat that dates back to 1977! It is old but runs like a champ!! This was the first trip the boat has taken without my dad! I think he will trust us now as we didn't have any problems and it ran great! I didn't know how Kelsey would feel about riding in the boat or swimming in the lake! I thought she would love it or hate it! Well she LOVED IT! She kept wanting to get in the water and thought riding in the boat was the coolest thing ever! I see more trips to the lake in our future!

It ended up being a very tiring weekend! Kelsey just crashed at the end of each day! I actually gave her a bath after swimming on Saturday. By the time I took a shower this is how I found her curled up in my bed!

6 comments:

Jboo said...

Wow -- you did have a busy weekend with lots of water sports! Love your photos! Kelsey looks good at the wheels of that boat! Watch out Grandpa -- there's a new driver in town!

Jan

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like everyone was enjoying the water this weekend!!!!

Great pictures....my favorite was the last one of Kelsey sleeping....that is the best part of the summer air....it makes them tired!!!

Lisa

Lisa said...

What a fun weekend! Looks like everyone had a blast. You go Kelsey, your a great boat driver.

Jake and Taryn said...

How sweet! I love the picture of Kelsey asleep! She had a very busy weekend! It looks like you all had a blast enjoying all of those fun summer activities!!

Jodee said...

Holy cow! What a fun weekend! Camping with kids is the best!

I had no idea Larry had an old boat. That would be sooo much fun to take out (without him knowing)!

Your collages turned out great! I especially love the pink one!

Ashton said...

Busy weekend! I love the last picture of Kelsey asleep!!