Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Wow was it a busy weekend! My husband and I both took Friday off to enjoy a nice long weekend!! That it was!! Believe it or not we didn't do any water activities! Hard to believe that after last week being 110, this weekend it was chilly! It was weird being in jeans and a sweatshirt on Saturday!

Our weekend started with a trip to the zoo in Omaha. The weather was perfect. Kelsey loved the penguins!! She would have stayed and watched them all day!



THESE PICTURES ARE FUNNY! KELSEY LIKES ME TO TAKE PICTURES OF HER AND I NOW! WE WERE TAKING A LITTLE BREAK AT THE ZOO AND SHE DECIDED WE SHOULD MAKE DIFFERENT FACES. I THOUGHT THEY TURNED OUT KIND OF CUTE!
Saturday we headed to see my sister and her family. Their county fair was going on and she had invited us to join them!! Kelsey loves hanging out with Isaac and Eli and LOVED the idea of staying the night at their house. The fair opened at 1:00 and we were there! We spent our twenty bucks and got the kids bracelets for the rides!! They rode, and rode and rode just about every single ride about five times each! We definitely got our moneys worth! Kelsey was grinning from ear to ear the entire time!! We rode rides for 3 1/2 hours!!! In addition to the rides we headed to the barn to see all the animals!
That evening at the fair the performer for the Concert was Chicago. Well my uncle just happens to be head of maintenance at Fonner Park. So he had tickets and wanted to know if we wanted to go? Well I could think of a few songs I knew, sure why not! So Corissa and I took Kelsey and Isaac to the concert! Kelsey can now say that her first concert was Chicago! We got a few looks from people since I think they were the only kids in the building but we didn't care! We headed right up to the front and took our seats! I didn't know what Kelsey would think but she did great! They would clap, she would clap. It was funny! We stayed about an hour into the concert and then decided to leave. Although it was fun, we were a little out of place. Two kids in a crowd of mostly people over 55. They had sung the couple songs we were familiar with so we hit the road. Back to the carnival part of the fair. Earlier in the day we didn't let them play any games and who can leave a fair without a cheap nasty stuffed animal? It didn't take long and each of the kids had three to take home!
Now if you want to see something funny and need a good laugh I recommend going to Bingo!! Yesterday I went with my sister to Bingo and had so much fun!!! I think we were getting some nasty looks because I was laughing so hard!! My sister loves going to Bingo and I have went with her once before. However, that was an awful experience about 6 years ago. Not knowing much about it I thought we were going for single Bingo. They were calling numbers and I was just marking my tickets as fast as I could. I finally got a single Bingo so I yelled out "BINGO!" Yikes! I thought I was going to get beat down. Well joke was on me and the game was BLACKOUT!! They hadn't even called enough numbers to have a black out and all the old ladies there let me know!! My sister and her friend laughed forever about that one! To this day I still get crap about that! This time I made sure I knew exactly what I needed! Therefore, I never got to yell "BINGO!" I didn't win but I sure had a good time!!

Thanks, Corissa, Isaac and Eli for a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Jboo said...

Wow -- what a fun weekend!! Love the photos of you and Kelsey together -- you are quite the pair! The fair sounds fun and I would have liked to see Chicago in concert -- how cooL!!

Jan

Jodee said...

Holy cow! You did have a busy weekend! I love small town fairs and your bingo story is hilarious! Cute pictures too!

Jake and Taryn said...

Wow!! You guys were super busy...but everything looks sooo much fun! I love the pictures of you and Kelsey making the faces! :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a fun and busy weekend!

Love Kelsey in the sunglasses....what a cutie!

Lisa said...

Wow!! You guy's sure had a fun and busy weekend! Good for you!

Kelsey was styling some pretty fancy sunglasses...too cute!!

The pictures of you and Kelsey making silly faces are priceless!!